Thursday, August 16, 2012

We Embark

So we had to wait a little while for Frank to show. I guess he was late getting up. I think he was evicted from his own apartment and has been living in a homeless shelter. Needless to say, he's also lost his job. I guess his superiors thought he'd gotten back into old habits, too.

In any case, he looked normal again. He seemed exhilirated about being back with us, but also reserved. Can't say I blame him--after all, we've been pushing him away. I want to believe his story, I really do, but I can't. But I hope he's getting help. He looks like he could be.

Larry has worked himself up for the mission, since he's been shaken up ever since the incident. I told him to look on the bright side: there's likely no ghosts involved with this. He didn't laugh.

It's funny, though. I always imagined we'd eventually get into investigating paranormal events firsthand (rather than second- or third-hand stories), not get involved with some James Bond espionage bull.

Fran Fields was there, since we asked for her help, but she kind of seemed annoyed about the whole thing. Granted, she still doesn't know us all that well, but can she at least feign compassion for acquaintances? I mean, sure, her parents were killed, not taken, but Lina's life could still be in danger for all we know. I guess it'll take time.

Torrance was there as well, ready to give us information we needed. He claims to be an ex-agent and against what this STAB organization is doing anyway, but he's kind of short on the details. He won't tell us what their goals are, and when I pressed him on it, he just looked away. I'm pissed at him, and I'm still not sure if I should trust him.

Anyway, since the goons went north, we'll be heading that way. Torrance said he knows a place on Outpost Drive, which isn't too far from Hillside Avenue. We're following his car.

I'm going to try my damnedest to get my sister back.

No comments:

Post a Comment