Thursday, August 23, 2012

Much needed rest

I was sitting in the car, thinking about what had just happened, when I wrote the post about how me and Torrance got inside and found Lina (I just had to write it down, get it out of me). Then I drove to a diner. Sure, we'd just lost Torrance and Lina, but it'd been more than 5 days since we ate.

It was there that I wrote the last post. I hope the others don't read this anytime soon. I don't think they'd understand. But I just had to get it out. I had to tell someone.

Now we're at a hotel, to get some much-needed rest. None of us can sleep. I've been trying to hide my sobs. I want to stay strong, for them.

But they hate me now.

Percy's dead.

After our meal, I had to stop for gas.

While I was pumping gas, I got to thinking. Mikey said they had their own reasons for wanting Lina out of the hands of STAB, but he wouldn't say more. They knew. THEY KNEW WHAT STAB WAS DOING TO MY SISTER!! And they did nothing to stop it before me and Fran and Larry came along. Then, after I found her, they left! There were no shadows or puppets anymore when I went back down to put her out of her misery. THEY ABANDONED ME.

I pulled Percy out of the car (he was surprisingly light). I didn't care who saw. It's high time people knew about this stuff, even if it freaks them out. I yelled at Percy, explaining everything I'd thought of. He, of course (the liars that he and his Queen are), denied it. He made excuses.

I couldn't stand this nonsense anymore. I took the nozzle out of the car and doused Percy. I told him to tell the truth.

Larry and Fran were yelling at me from inside the car. Fran even opened her door, ready to step out. I told her to stay where she was.

"Percy," I said, "you've been playing me like a fiddle, like Evan, haven't you?"

He said he wasn't.

"Liars burn in hell," I said, and I reached in and grabbed the cigarette lighter from its receptacle and lit the flame.

Larry and Fran were really yelling at me now. But I had to teach this monster a lesson! My sister's DEAD because of him!!!

I could tell they wanted to stop me, but were afraid that the whole place would go up any moment.

The flame touched the fluid soaking Percy's wooden frame and he went up in an instant. I reveled in it as I watched Percy's plastic face melt and drip burning beads onto the ground.

I hopped back in the car and sped off. The station exploded behind us. The orange fire was beautiful against the black sky.

I'm sorry for the other people there. They were innocent. But I had to show Them that They wouldn't win! That I wasn't going to stand for this! What I did had to be done.

It had to be done, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment