Friday, August 10, 2012

A Decision

The police have been slow about looking for Lina. They said they have lots of cases where adults go missing and it turns out they just needed time alone or wanted to start a new life. They're just ignoring Larry's story. Jerks.

Lina's not like that at all. She would never up and disappear without telling anyone, especially without anyone else with her. I mean, she's making progress, but she's still not completely used to living without sight--something everyone else takes for granted, as did she before the "accident."

Fortunately I grew up on all those police and detective shows, like Dragnet and Kojak and Columbo reruns. It inspired me to become a private eye. After winning the lottery, I was finally able to take an online course and voila! (Sure, a printed-out online degree sounds lame, but it's something.)

I barely started my career when Lina got blinded and I found out more and more of this bizarre horror-movie crap that's actually happening, so I stopped to help take care of her while she got used to her new life and to get this group up and running.

I'll have to hope I remember enough skills to find her. It's been awhile.

Really, though, I'm surprised I'm not just freaking out right now. I'm staying pretty calm. I guess it just hasn't completely hit me yet.

Hope those bastards haven't left the LA area yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment