Monday, August 27, 2012

Solitude

Looking through the documents I stole, I found something interesting that Larry would enjoy. (Apparently STAB and the SCP guys keep tabs on each other.)

A house in a nearby town.

There's something odd about it: it's full of strange occult artifacts that have the curious ability to bend space. Apparently it's unclear how to use any of the objects. But I did something right.

In the early hours of the morning I dragged the others out of bed (so they'd be really tired and struggle less) and I made them get in the car.

Then I drove to the location specified. It's supposedly a nature preserve, but I knew better. A bunch of SCP whatsits were there. Don't know if they're part of STAB or not. They began shooting at me on sight.

I drove on past them, sometimes lifting my shield to protect my face.

The car took a lot of bullets, and the others were screaming their heads off. Finally, the car wasn't working so well, so I jumped out and ducked for cover, quickly getting them out and crouching beside me.

"What are you doing?!" Fran screamed. "You're going to get us killed! See this is why I can't stand..."

She trailed off.

I said, "I found a haunted house that Larry will surely love!"

He shouted, "I don't love anything that causes me to lose my life before I can enjoy it! And what does this have to do with your sister or revenge?"

It took several clips, but I finally got all the SCP people. We safely proceeded to the house that was being hidden from the public.

I think my "friends" only went ahead and came with me because they were already here and they were curious.

Of course, I was planning on abandoning them the whole time. But at least they were somewhat cooperative.

How was I to get away without working transportation? I was going to cross that bridge when I came to it. All I knew was that I had to find a way to trap them here and get away myself.

 As we entered, though, we could hear a siren. I knew from the documents that these SCP people had placed a nuke nearby in case their containment area was breached. It must have been activated.

I had to hurry.

Once we were inside, I started touching objects and moving them around to see what would happen.

"What are you doing?" cried Fran. "We have to get out of here!"

"She's right, man," said Larry.

I ignored them both and kept moving things around.

Suddenly we were outside.

Before our eyes, the house blew up. Then the explosion reversed itself.

The intact house wasn't the one we had entered, nor was the surrounding area the same. We were in a desert or something.

None of us knew where we were.

The house blew up and came back together a few more times.

"Huh," I said.

"It's a time loop!" cried Larry. "Well, sort of. It happens over and over, but with a rewind in between. I've never seen anything like it." He seemed awestruck.

And that's when I conceived of my plan.

I pulled my gun on them. My emotional instability must've convinced them I was serious. I carefully held the shield before us as we slowly made our way forward.

Every few seconds the house would explode again, then contract during the next few seconds.

Once we were at the edge of the explosion, I forced them to run forward.

I didn't know that the shield would work for sure, but fortunately it did.

We got in the midst of the flames unscathed. The house came back together around us. A family was there, going about their normal routine when the house exploded again.

I put the shield up and kept us safe. Then I told them goodbye and turned to make my way to the front door, since the house was together again. They started to ask why I was doing this when the explosion replayed itself. The shield still kept them safe from the time loop's effects for the moment.

"Because," I explained, "you are TRAITORS TO ME AND TO LINA. YOU TRIED TO HAVE ME KILLED."

They tried to deny involvement in the attack, but I SAW through their LIES.

"Mommy, who are they?" asked a little boy walking through the kitchen when he saw us; he was a member of the household. They were dressed like they were from the 1950s.

Before the woman could turn around or answer, the house exploded again.

"Goodbye," I said. "You have to PAY FOR YOUR SINS."

"Mommy, who are they?"

"Don't go, please!" yelled Fran as the house came together again. I started out the door. Larry frowned at me silently.

Fran yelled after me, in quick bursts. "Please! Listen to me! You have to listen! There's going to be a war!" I exited the door. "We have to stop it! It's going to--"

The house exploded again. But I was safe.

From a distance away, I could still hear, every few seconds, "Please! Listen to me! You have to listen! There's going to be a war! We have to stop it! It's going to--" And then it would reverse.

Some distance from the house, I came near a warehouse where some SCP guys were keeping an eye on the time loop. They just stared at me in wonder as I walked past. Must've been because I was able to escape the loop. Some of them tried to stop me, but I threatened them with my gun. Only one actually tried to shoot me. The bullet was deflected and hit one of his fellows in an artery in his neck.

My job done, I found a place to stay. Fortunately, I still have my iPad with me to update this blog. I will MAKE THOSE STAB AGENTS PAY soon.

Now I am truly alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment