Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Man in the Hat

I took a drive this morning in Lina's old car. Hasn't been used in a long time.

I was thinking about everything that's happened lately. Oh, God! I've done such terrible things!

I wish I could take them back, undo them. I wish there was something I could do to fix it.

I don't know how to atone for my sins.

After I parked the car in the garage, I headed to the elevator that would take me to the top. That's when I saw him.

The man with the hat. He was wearing a gray fedora and suit. At first I didn't know for sure it was the same guy that Torrance mentioned.

He was staring at me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Nobody." He smirked. He glanced at a pocketwatch in his hand; I could hear it ticking.

The elevator arrived and I stepped in. I heard him say, "This is gonna be good."

As the doors closed I could still hear the ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment