Friday, August 17, 2012

Gas Station Visit

We chose not to alert the police to Frank's disappearance, since they probably wouldn't believe our story, nor would they do anything if they did.

Since we didn't get very far yesterday, and after all the stress from worry about Lina, the oppressive atmosphere of the art gallery, the tangible terror at the abandoned apartment complex, and another person disappearing, we decided to call it off and return home to rest. But only to be ready again today.

The search yesterday had us traipsing back and forth across LA and the convoluted clue led us nowhere useful in the end, so me and Torrance were wondering if it was some dummy trail, a trick, a distraction. Of course, the obvious question is why they would want Frank?

Today we've been gathering more information, and no one recalls that red Mustang doubling back. So maybe north was the right direction in the first place, just the wrong location.

So now we need to figure out what that right location would be.

Torrance says there should be signs of being on the right track, such as people watching us or tailing us. It can be pretty subtle, but he'll recognize it.

A place to start, he said, is a secret location near the Sequoia National Forest. He said that's one of the facilities for STAB to interrogate important figures associated with supernatural threats. It's also part of the reason he left the organization--there interrogation methods are horrible. He wouldn't even go into specifics with me.

Anyway, so we've stopped for gas (we've been on the road for a few hours already, so it shouldn't be too much longer) and will soon continue after we've done enough leg-stretching and restroom-break-taking.

Hold on. There's someone over by the corner of the store. Is he...naked?! And covered in...are those eyes?! What in the

What in the hell is going on? A large flock of birds just flew down (I've seen Hitchcock's film, so I was worried for a moment since, you know, birds plus gas station...) and blocked my view. After they passed, the nude man with eyes all over was gone.

And I thought yesterday was getting strange.

I'm going to stop writing now. All this worry is making me feel sick. Lina, I hope you're alright! Please be alright, in God's name be alright!

No matter what I'm going to get you back. Regardless of what freaks are thrown my way, I'm going to save you, and maybe finally accomplish something in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment