Sunday, July 29, 2012

Life's Frustrations


I saw him today. I saw him, dammit! The man who made my sister blind. 


Sure, he always claimed it was an accident, not his fault, but the situation couldn’t possibly have been coincidence! You see, a couple months ago Lina was helping some inner city families (being a registered nurse and all) in downtown LA. I came one day, helping distribute food as I did every week (both Lina and I were fortunate enough to get out of the poverty we grew up in and wanted to do our part to help others). There was a man there I’d never seen before. Upon questioning him (being a private detective myself), he said he was there to make sure nothing out of the ordinary was going on. 


I assured him that we had everything under control, but he just smirked at me, saying, “I’m sure you do.” 


I left him and continued doling out cans of vegetables, loaves of bread, powdered milk, whatever had been donated. Moments later, I heard him cry out, “Hey!” 


I turned in time to see him by the stove where Lina was sterilizing some medical instruments, lunging toward her as the pot of boiling hot water splashed in her face. The burns on her face are nearly invisible now. Her eyes got the worst of it. 


The man claimed he was trying to warn Lina. But I saw him. 


After a short investigation, the police said there wasn’t any evidence to arrest him. The man went free. But this morning after service at the First Baptist Church of Hollywood, I saw him. 


I confronted him, yelling, telling him how he’s ruined my sister’s life forever. And you know what he said? He said there was someone else there that day. A man in a hat that did it. Scratched his brow and it happened. Can you believe this nonsense!? No one else was even near the stove or Lina!!! 


I stormed away. I’m still trying to calm down. 


Meanwhile, Ralph has become a regular consumer of that Illumination energy drink. I’m not sure if it’ll react with his meds, though. I don't know how that sort of thing works.


Frank sleeps all the time instead of doing research. I’m thinking about kicking him out (of both the group and the penthouse we share--well, he doesn't actually live here with the rest of us, but he comes over a lot on account of the taskforce).

No comments:

Post a Comment