Saturday, July 21, 2012

An Introduction

Hello, potential readers. My name is Omar Friedman, and I am the head of the organization that this blog will be the "official site" for. The New Amateur Paranormal Taskforce. (The "New" is because I tried to do something like this before, but I couldn't convince anyone yet.)

This blog would have started sooner, but I had trouble convincing a few others to join me. A couple didn't believe me at first, until I showed them some proof that impossible things are happening all around us.

The others in my Taskforce are: my sister, Lina Friedman; her fiancé, Ralph Abbot; haunted house enthusiast and friend, Lawrence "Larry" Richards; and the local garbage man, Frank Adams. Yes, really. He's actually quite astute and aware of things that escape most people's attention. (Yeah, only 5 of us, but I'm hoping we'll expand over time. People need to know this stuff!)

So, the proof that convinced my sister and her soon-to-be husband? A little show called Candle Cove. For the most part, it seems harmless enough, but the clincher is that no one but a child can watch it (or, perhaps you can if you already saw it as a child). Otherwise it seems like so much static. It doesn't work on me, unfortunately, but I found many of the stories I've heard to be convincing. It's supposedly about pirate puppets and a real life little girl going on adventures and fighting the evil Skin-Taker.

It's recently gone on hiatus, but before that I did tune in to Tower TV each weekday at the specified time for a couple weeks and recorded a few episodes. At least, I did as far as I could tell. In any case, I showed these recordings to them (Ralph could see the show, thus proving what I was telling them). Even though there didn't seem to be anything particularly wrong with the show (although Ralph said the little girl seemed eerily afraid). Since the show is hard for most people to see, and since Ralph is a bit of a music buff, I asked him to recreate the theme on a music notation program, which you can check out below. I never heard this music until Ralph recreated it, and in my opinion, it's a bit unsettling toward the end.



I'm not counting this show as a case since this is a minor thing that seems harmless enough in itself. At least, I know of no incidents caused directly by it.

Case #1 coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment